ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR The Hibiscus and Bays Art Awards 2023
This annual Art Awards Sponsored by the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board is hosted in alternate years by Estuary Arts Centre and Mairangi Arts Centre.
Artwork Specific information
Submission date for digital entries: 5pm on Mon 30 Jan 2023
Notification to artists: 5pm on Monday 06 February 2023
Delivery of artwork to EAC (in person or by courier):
Fri 10, Sat 11 or Sun 12 February between 10am and 3pm daily
Exhibition setup date: Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 February 2023
Exhibition dates: 15 February to 12 March 2023
Official opening and Award ceremony: Fri 17 Feb from 6pm
Collection of unsold work: Sunday 12 March from 1pm to 3pm or Monday 13 March between 9am and 4pm
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrant must be a New Zealand resident to enter this exhibition.
- Artwork must be original. All artwork made in the manner of another artist’s work or under tuition must be acknowledged accordingly. Joint entries are permitted but all parties must be acknowledged on the entry form and all parties must sign the form. These joint exhibits will be acknowledged in the catalogue.
- The non-refundable entry fee of $25 for one artwork or $50 for two artworks must be paid by Monday 20 January 2023 for the entry to be considered. Payments made in person at Estuary Arts Centre or online to Estuary Arts Charitable Trust, ASB 12 3046 0388526 01, ref; Your Name and Code; H&B Art Award.
- Artwork must be available for sale and 35% commission will be deducted from the retail price of all sold artworks.
- The retail price which includes GST specified on your entry form is final and cannot be altered after submission.
- Sold artworks will be paid less the commission into the artist’s nominated bank account on the 15th of the month following the sale.
- While all care is taken, EACT takes no responsibility for any theft, loss or damage to artworks howsoever caused while in transit to and from the gallery, while in the Centre’s storeroom, on display and during transfer to and from the gallery to the storeroom. Insurance of artworks is the artists’ responsibility.
- A selection committee will pre-select the artworks for exhibition and artists will be notified of the results by 5pm on Monday 06 February. All selected artworks must be delivered in person or by courier to EACT between 10am and 3pm between Friday 10 February and Sunday 12 February. The curator reserves the right to refuse artwork arriving after this deadline.
- The appointed judge/s will select the award winners. Award winners will be announced at the opening event on Friday 17 February at 6.30pm. The People’s Choice winner will be announced at the conclusion to the award exhibition.
- The selection committee and judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, nor critiques given
- Artwork that is incomplete or not dry, nor ready for installation will be refused.
- Artwork must be displayed for the entirety of the exhibition. Under no circumstances can it be removed without consent from the EACT curator.
- Unsold artwork must be collected and signed for from EACT within 7 days after the close of exhibition. EACT takes no responsibility for uncollected artwork as storage space is limited.
- EACT reserve the right to withdraw from the exhibition any artworks deemed harmful, or to be in breach of EACT values of respect and inclusion.