2019 - Workshops
VCW2.4: Upbeat Cushion Covers with Val Cuthbert
Date: Saturday 8 June 2019
Time: 9.30am - 12 Noon
Cost: $40.00 (Members) / $45 (Non-Members)
Ability Group: Adults - All Levels
Design and print your own fabric to make into a cushion top, choose from autumn - summer colours with an outdoors theme or make it completely abstract to suit your home. Sized to fit a standard 45 x 45 cm cushion insert available at most furnishing stores. Cushion back supplied at small extra cost.
All materials supplied - material cost $10 fabric, paper and dyes. Cushion back extra.
VCW2.3: Re-Energise and Recycle with Val Cuthbert
Date: Saturday 8th June 2019
Time: 12.30pm - 3.00pm
Cost: $40.00 (Members) / $45.00 (Non-Members)
Ability Groups: Adults - All Levels
Update your wardrobe by designing then printing your own T-shirt with an imaginative and colourful image. A plain t-shirt, tank top or a second hand one can be re-energized with an abstract or outdoorsy print in bright or soft colours, square, oval or round is your choice.
All tops must be plain coloured, preferably cream or white AND contain at least 65% polyester blend. Pure cotton tops will not print.
Materials supplied - dyes and paper.
GJW2: Oamaru Stone Carving with Gregory James
Date: Sunday 9 June - 14 July 2019
Time: 10am - 3pm
Cost: $250.00 (Members) / $280 (Non-Members)
Ability Group: Adults - All Levels
Materials: Stone to be purchased directly from tutor (approx 30.00)
Over the six Sundays you will be introduced to 3D design, visualisation and how to start your carving. Gregory will demonstrate practical carving skills. Each student will work from a block of Oamaru stone. Some basic tools will be provided. Practice and hone your carving techniques to complete your own Oamaru sculpture.
Learn safety theory and how to use and care for your tools.
Terms and conditions:
- A place in any course is only confirmed once the course fee is paid in full before the start of the course.
- Cancellations must be received four (4) days ahead of the class commencement date to be granted a full refund. Bookings can only be processed for the current term and fees cannot be transferred to future terms.
- No refunds will be given after class commencement.
- EAC reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of EAC cancelling the course, students will receive a full refund.
- Unless otherwise stated, all fees include GST.
- In the event of Tutor illness, EAC will endeavour to prevent class cancellation by providing a substitute tutor. If EAC is unable to provide a substitute tutor, the class may be postponed at short notice with students being contacted promptly.
- Materials are included in all Children’s classes, unless otherwise stated.
- EAC reserves the right to exclude any student from a course who is constantly disruptive, does not adhere to class rules or poses a significant risk to the safety of themselves or others. EAC aims to be fair and consistent.
- For comments, concerns or complaints please contact the Manager. All complaints will be treated as confidential.
- In the event of an accident or emergency, staff will, to the best of their ability, perform appropriate first aid and if necessary, call an ambulance.
- Although all due care will be taken, EAC cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged possessions that students bring to class.
- All information contained in the form is for EAC administration only. Your information is confidential and will not be shared or sold to any third party.
- This programme may be subject to change.